BLT Club Sandwiches
The classic bacon-lettuce-tomato sandwich is never better than during tomato
season, eaten two-handed, with tomato juices dripping to your elbows. Serve with
potato salad, corn-on-the-cob and sweet pickle spears. And plenty of napkins.
- 12 strips bacon, cooked
- 12 slices whole wheat bread
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise,
- 4 leaves lettuce
- 2 large tomatoes, cored, each sliced into 6 slices
- Spread 1 slice bread with 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise; top with a lettuce leaf.
- Spread 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise on each side of another bread slice; place on
- Top with 3 slices tomato and 3 strips bacon.
- Spread a third slice of bread
with 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise. Invert bread on bacon and press down gently.
each sandwich in half or in quarters.
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Serves 4
Nutrition Calories: 380 calories Protein: 14 grams Fat: 17 grams Sodium:
970 milligrams Cholesterol: 25 milligrams Saturated Fat: 4 grams Carbohydrates:
Reprinted with permission from
the National Pork Board - porkbeinspired.com.