California Chicken Cobb Sandwich
- Two small loaves French bread
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breast, grilled
- 12 pieces bacon, fried crisp
- 1 avocado, peeled and seeded
- 12 small, crisp lettuce leaves
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 ounces gorgonzola or blue cheese, softened
- Combine ingredients until mixed well.
- To assemble sandwiches: Slice the bread into 24 thin slices; toast the bread
lightly on both sides.
- Spread the inside of each piece of bread with sandwich dressing.
- Cut the grilled chicken breast into diagonal pieces to fit the small bread rounds.
- Top 12 pieces of bread and dressing with chicken, bacon pieces, avocado slices and
- Top with remaining bread that has been spread with dressing.
- Serve at once or cover with clean, dry lettuce leaves to keep moist.