California Pork Sandwiches
This cool sandwich gives a great excuse for making a pork roast the night before.
Thinly sliced pork is layered with sliced orange and red pepper and topped with
a seasoned sour cream sauce.
Slices of perfectly ripe avocado can be served alongside or on the sandwich.
Serve with fresh veggies and dip.
- 10 slices sourdough bread or rye bread
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 10 large lettuce leaves
- 2 large oranges, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 sweet red bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 20 thin slices roast pork, about 1 pound
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons grated onion
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3-4 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- Spread bread slices with butter; top with 5 lettuce leaves. Arrange orange slices
on 5 lettuce-topped bread slices. Top orange with red pepper, then roast pork.
- In small bowl stir together sour cream, onion, garlic salt and hot pepper sauce.
Spoon about 2 tablespoons sour cream sauce over pork layer on each sandwich; top
with remaining lettuce leaves and buttered bread slices.
- Garnish each plate with avocado slices.
Nutrition Facts: Calories 435 calories Protein 31 grams Fat 23 grams Sodium
1590 milligrams Cholesterol 85 milligrams Saturated Fat 9 grams Carbohydrates 33
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
National Pork Board - porkbeinspired.com