Cheesy New York High Rise Club
- 1 unsliced 24-ounce loaf style onion rye bread, seeded or plain
- 8 ounces Brie, with herbs or plain, rind removed
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon crushed dried red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 8 ounces aged Swiss cheese, sliced
- 8 ounces pastrami, sliced
- 2 1/2 cups baby spinach salad, ready to use
- 4 ounces caraway Havarti cheese, sliced
- Dijon mustard (optional)
- Slice bread lengthwise in thirds. Toast bread lightly if desired.
- Soften Brie 1 minute in microwave, if necessary. With a fork or in food processor,
crush or mash Brie cheese with butter and spices. Spread Brie butter over cut sides
of bread, including both sides of middle slice.
- On bottom slice add half the onions,
Swiss slices, pastrami, half the spinach, center slice of rye bread, remaining onions,
Havarti and remaining spinach.
- Close sandwich with remaining Brie-buttered bread.
- Serve with Dijon mustard if desired.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Provided by Susan Asanovic
Recipe and photograph used with permission from
American Dairy Association.