Cherry Chicken Salad Sandwich
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup dried tart cherries
- 3 green onions,
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Lettuce leaves
- Chopped fresh parsley
- 2 to 4 croissants
- Combine chicken, cherries and onions in a large bowl; mix well.
- In another bowl, combine mayonnaise, yogurt, lemon juice and pepper; pour over
chicken mixture. Mix gently.
- Refrigerate, covered, 1 to 2 hours.
- Spoon chicken salad onto sliced croissants; top with lettuce. Garnish with parsley,
Makes 2 to 4 servings, depending on size of croissants.
Reprinted with permission from
the Cherry Marketing Institute.