Chicken Sandwiches with Lemon-Basil
Zucchini Ribbons and Boursin
- 3 cups rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced very thinly lengthwise
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1 (5 ounce) package Boursin cheese
- 8 slices crusty bread, toasted
- In a bowl, combine salt, pepper, olive oil, lemon zest and juice, and basil. Whisk to combine.
- Add zucchini ribbons and red bell pepper and gently toss to coat with dressing.
- Spread one quarter of Boursin cheese onto one half of each sandwich. Divide shredded chicken among the four sandwiches, placing on top of cheese. Top chicken with red bell pepper and zucchini ribbons, drizzling any remaining dressing over the vegetables.
- Cut each sandwich on the diagonal and serve.
Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional Information, Per Serving: 530 calories; 26 g fat; 10 g saturated fat; 36 g carbohydrate; 3 g fiber; 6 g sugars; 35 g protein
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
National Chicken Council
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.