Chinese Chicken Salad Sandwich
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup vegetable or peanut
- 1/4 cup roasted sesame seed oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger root, minced
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons dry mustard
- 2 pounds chicken breast, boned,
skinned, steamed and cubed
- 1 large red onion (about 9 to 11 ounces), cut into
- 1 cup pea pods, fresh or thawed frozen, slivered
- 6 crusty round
rolls, split, buttered
- Lettuce or watercress
- 4 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- Mix dressing of soy sauce, vinegar, oils, ginger, sugar and mustard.
- Add chicken,
onions and pea pods. Toss well.
- Chill for at least 4 hours to blend flavors.
- Fill each roll with lettuce and chicken salad. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Serve with crispy noodles, if desired.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Information: Per serving: About 560 cal, 43 g pro, 39 g carb, 25
g fat, 41% cal from fat, 98 mg chol, 1087 mg sod, 3 g fiber
Reprinted with permission from
the National Onion Association.