Greek Salad Heroes
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced cucumber
- 2 tablespoons ripe olives
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 Roma or small tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 (2 1/2 ounce) submarine rolls
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 6 slices baked cooked ham
- 6 slices honey roasted smoked turkey
- Combine first 8 ingredients in a small bowl; toss gently.
- Let stand for 30 minutes, tossing occasionally.
- Cut a thin slice off top of each roll and set aside.
- Cut a 2-inch wide, V-shape wedge down the length of each roll (as they do at
- Reserve bread wedges for another use.
- Drain vegetable mixture. Line each roll with a lettuce leaf; arrange ham and
turkey evenly over lettuce.
- Spoon vegetable mixture evenly over meat and cover with roll tops.