- 1 1/2 pounds bacon
- 4 ripe avocados (1 1/2 pounds), pitted and peeled
of 1/2 lime
- Oven-dried tomatoes
- 1 to 2 heads Bibb lettuce, leaves
separated, or 1/2 head Boston lettuce
- 3/4 cup homemade mayonnaise, or prepared
- Cook bacon until browned and crisp.
- Transfer bacon to a paper-towel-lined pan
to drain; discard fat.
- Place avocadoes in a bowl with lime juice, and mash with a fork until chunky
- Using a large serrated knife, split focaccia horizontally. Spread bottom with
avocado mixture; layer with bacon, oven-dried tomatoes, and lettuce.
- Spread remaining
focaccia with mayonnaise, and top sandwich.
Cut into 12 squares and serve.
This is wonderful made with roasted garlic mayonnaise.