Ham Baguette with Cheese Butter
The brie cheese in the butter spread ensures a flavor sensation when paired with
the strawberry jam in the sandwich.
- 8 ounces ham, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons strawberry
- 2 small baguettes
- 2 cups arugula, lightly packed
- 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons
extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup
spreadable brie cheese *
- Salt and pepper, to taste
* Any triple crème style cheese can be substituted.
- For the Cheese Butter: bring both the cheese and butter to room temperature.
Remove the rind from the cheese and whisk together with the butter until thoroughly
incorporated. Season with salt and pepper. The Cheese Butter will hold in the
refrigerator for up to a week.
- To assemble the sandwich: Slice the baguettes in half and place in a broiler,
cut side up and toast until golden brown. Lightly dress the arugula with lemon
juice and olive oil and hold. Spread a couple tablespoons of the Cheese Butter
evenly on the bottom half of the toasted baguettes and spread the strawberry
jam evenly on the top half. Place half of the ham slices on the bottom half
of the sandwich; top with the lightly dressed arugula and the top half of the
Yield: 2 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Recipe courtesy of Chef Cosmo Goss, Chicago, Illinois
Recipe and photograph courtesy of National Pork Council - porkbeinspired.com.
>> Cold Sandwich Recipes