Ham Baguette with Cheese Butter
The brie cheese in the butter spread ensures a flavor sensation when paired with the strawberry jam in the sandwich.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup spreadable brie cheese*
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 ounces ham, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons strawberry jam
- 2 small baguettes
- 2 cups arugula, lightly packed
- 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
* Any triple crème style cheese can be substituted.
- Cheese Butter: bring both the cheese and butter to room temperature. Remove the rind from the cheese and whisk together with the butter until thoroughly incorporated. Season with salt and pepper. The Cheese Butter will hold in the
refrigerator for up to a week.
- Sandwich: Slice the baguettes in half and place in a broiler, cut side up and toast until golden brown. Lightly dress the arugula with lemon juice and olive oil and hold. Spread a couple tablespoons of the Cheese Butter evenly on the bottom half of the toasted baguettes and spread the strawberry jam evenly on the top half. Place half of the ham slices on the bottom half of the sandwich; top with the lightly dressed arugula and the top half of the baguette.
Yield: 2 servings | Prep: 10 min | Cook: 5 min
Recipe courtesy of Chef Cosmo Goss, Chicago, Illinois
Recipe and photo used with permission from: National Pork Council
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.