- 2 small avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup picante sauce
- 12 slices bacon, preferably peppered bacon
- 12 slices sourdough bread
- 6 leaves leaf lettuce
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 3/4 pound sliced turkey breast
- Guacamole: Mash the avocados and add the remaining ingredients and mixing well.
- Picante Mayonnaise: Combine the mayonnaise and picante sauce.
- Sandwich: Fry the bacon until crisp and drain on paper towels.
- To assemble the spread the guacamole on 6 slices of the bread and the picante mayonnaise on the other 6 slices.
- Place layers of onion, lettuce, tomato, bacon, and turkey on the pieces of bread spread with guacamole and top with the other bread.
- Slice and serve.
Posted by Darlene at Recipe Goldmine 4/25/02 3:14:28 am.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.