Giant Meatball Sandwich
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork sausage
- 2 cups commercial spaghetti sauce with peppers and mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (16 ounce) loaf unsliced Italian bread
- 1 (6 ounce) package sliced provolone cheese
- Combine ground beef and sausage; shape into 1-inch balls. Cook in a large skillet
over medium-high heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until browned. Remove from heat; drain
meatballs on paper towels. Discard drippings.
- Combine spaghetti sauce and garlic in skillet; add meatballs. Cook over medium
heat, stirring occasionally, 12 to 15 minutes or until done. Cut bread in half lengthwise.
Place on a baking sheet, cut sides up; broil 5 inches from heat for 2 minutes or
until lightly toasted.
- Spoon meatball mixture onto bottom half of bread. Cut cheese slices in half;
arrange on top of meatballs, overlapping as needed. Place top half of bread over
- Serve immediately.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.