Italian Chicken, Pepper and Onion Sub
- 3 tablespoons pitted and finely chopped black olives
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 (12-inch) loaf Italian bread, split lengthwise
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen pepper stir-fry mix
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 8 ounces sliced cooked chicken breast
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves (optional)
- In a small bowl, mix together the olives, capers and mayonnaise. Spread the mixture
over the cut side of the top of the loaf of bread.
- In a medium skillet over high heat, combine the oil and pepper mix. Sauté until
the peppers are tender and browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and vinegar and cook for another minute.
- Spoon the peppers evenly over the bottom half of the loaf of bread. Top with
the chicken, then season with salt and pepper. Add a layer of fresh basil leaves
(if using). Place the top half of the loaf on the sandwich, then cut into 6 slices.
Nutritional information per serving: 297 cal., 6 g fat (1 g sat), 15 mg chol.,
45 g carb., 14 g pro., 3 g fiber, 1130 mg sodium
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.