These walnut studded veggie sliders are packed with flavor and ideal for a light
meal or snack time!
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans
- 1 (15-ounce) can great Northern or cannellini beans
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped California walnuts
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 eggs
- Mini wheat or white buns
- Toppings: lettuce, salsa, avocado and thinly sliced red onion
- Rinse beans and drain well; press between double layers of paper towels to remove
excess moisture. Place in a medium bowl and mash lightly.
- Stir in all remaining ingredients except buns and toppings and mix well; cover
and chill for at least 30 minutes for easier handling. (May be prepared 1 day ahead.)
- Using wet hands, shape into 16 small slider patties. Cook in a large nonstick
skillet coated with olive oil cooking spray over medium heat for about 5 minutes
on each side.
- Place between buns and serve with lettuce, salsa, avocado and onion.
Total: 1 hr | Yield: 16 sliders
**Nutritionals do not include bun. Nutrition 102 Calories Fat 3g Saturated
Fat 0g Monounsaturated Fat 1g Polyunsaturated Fat 2g Trans Fat 0g Cholesterol 23mg
Sodium 303mg Carbohydrates 16g Dietary Fiber 3g Protein 5g
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
California Walnut Board
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.