These walnut studded veggie sliders are packed with flavor and ideal for a light
meal or snack time!
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans
- 1 (15-ounce) can great Northern or cannellini
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- Mini wheat or white buns
- Toppings: lettuce, salsa, avocado and thinly
sliced red onion
- Rinse beans and drain well; press between double layers of paper towels to remove
excess moisture. Place in a medium bowl and mash lightly.
- Stir in all remaining ingredients except buns and toppings and mix well; cover
and chill for at least 30 minutes for easier handling. (May be prepared 1 day ahead.)
- Using wet hands, shape into 16 small slider patties. Cook in a large nonstick
skillet coated with olive oil cooking spray over medium heat for about 5 minutes
on each side.
- Place between buns and serve with lettuce, salsa, avocado and onion.
Total Time: 1 hour | Yield: 16 sliders
**Nutritionals do not include bun. Nutrition 102 Calories Fat 3g Saturated
Fat 0g Monounsaturated Fat 1g Polyunsaturated Fat 2g Trans Fat 0g Cholesterol 23mg
Sodium 303mg Carbohydrates 16g Dietary Fiber 3g Protein 5g
Recipe and photograph provided used with permission from
the California Walnut Board.