Cheddar and Monterey Jack Panini
- 1 to 2 tablespoons mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 2 thick slices French bread, cut on an angle
- 1 slice Cheddar cheese
- 1 slice Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 thin slices ripe tomato
- Sprig of fresh basil leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter
- Spread mayonnaise on 1 side of each slice of bread.
- Layer cheeses, tomato and basil leaves on bread.
- Add pepper to taste.
- Spread butter on the outside of bread slices and grill until cheese melts.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: American Dairy Association