Florida Strawberry Mascarpone Panini
A marvelous dessert panini made with strawberries and their natural companion, mascarpone cheese.
- 1/2 pound fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced thin
- 8 slices fresh bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
- Confectioners' sugar for dusting
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Heat a panini press or griddle over medium heat.
- Spread a thin layer of mascarpone on top of each of the 8 bread slices.
- Add an even layer of fresh sliced strawberries to 4 of the bread slices.
- Use the other 4 slices of bread to top the sandwiches.
- Brush the sandwiches with butter and grill or press until golden, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the panini to a cutting board and dust with confectioners' sugar.
- Serve warm.
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Florida Department of Agriculture