Florida Strawberry Mascarpone Panini
A marvelous dessert panini made with strawberries and their natural companion, mascarpone cheese.
- 1/2 pound fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced thin
- 8 slices fresh bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
- Confectioners' sugar for dusting
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Heat a panini press or griddle over medium heat.
- Spread a thin layer of mascarpone on top of each of the 8 bread slices.
- Add an even layer of fresh sliced strawberries to 4 of the bread slices.
- Use the other 4 slices of bread to top the sandwiches.
- Brush the sandwiches with butter and grill or press until golden, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the panini to a cutting board and dust with confectioners' sugar.
- Serve warm.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.