Grilled Chicken and Provolone Panini
- 4 chicken breast halves, boneless and skinless
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons fresh sage, chopped, or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped, or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 4 crusty rolls of choice, French, Italian, sourdough
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinaigrette dressing
- 2 cups (about 4 ounces) arugula, washed and dried
- 8 pieces (about 4 ounces) prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 8 pieces (about 4 ounces) provolone, thinly sliced
- Brush chicken breasts lightly with melted butter.
- Combine sage and rosemary and sprinkle on both sides of chicken.
- Season with freshly ground salt and pepper.
- Grill chicken breasts over charcoal grill in stove-top grill pan, or under broiler until firm to the touch.
- Transfer to plate and let cool for approximately 10 minutes.
- Slice rolls in half. Sprinkle bottom of each roll with vinaigrette.
- Divide arugula among the four rolls.
- Layer 2 slices of prosciutto and 2 slices of provolone on each roll.
- Slice each chicken breast half crosswise into diagonal slices, about 1/2 inch thick and place on top of cheese.
- Drizzle more vinaigrette over chicken.
- Place top of roll on and press down gently so sandwich stays together.
- Tightly wrap each sandwich in plastic wrap and refrigerate until serving time.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: American Dairy Association