This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Grilled Portobello Mushroom Panini
A hearty sandwich that will appeal to vegetarians and meat-lovers alike. Portobello
mushrooms have a deliciously meaty texture and are perfectly suited to the grill.
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Grill Mates® Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 4 large portobello mushroom caps
- 8 slices Italian bread, sliced diagonally
- Garnishes such as green leaf lettuce, sliced roasted red peppers, sliced tomatoes and feta cheese (optional)
- Mix oil, vinegar and Montreal Steak Seasoning in small bowl.
- Brush both sides of each mushroom cap with oil mixture.
- Lightly brush one side of each bread slice with oil mixture.
- Grill mushrooms over medium heat 6 to 8 minutes, turning once.
- Grill bread slices until lightly toasted.
- Serve mushrooms between bread slices with assorted garnishes, as desired.
Yield: 4 servings | Prep Time: 10 min | Cook Time: 8 min
per serving Calories: 348 Fat: 20 g Carbohydrates: 35 g Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 695 mg Fiber: 3 g Protein: 7 g
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):