This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Peach and Prosciutto Panini with Thyme Aioli
This is not your Mom’s grilled cheese. This sophisticated sandwich is a balance
of flavors and textures – from the hearty whole grain sourdough to the sweet juicy
peaches, salty prosciutto and sopresatta, creamy thyme aioli and peppery watercress.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Thyme Leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 8 slices whole grain sourdough bread (1/2-inch thick)
- 2 medium peaches, thinly sliced
- 4 very thin prosciutto slices
- 4 slices sopresatta or other salami
- 4 slices Gruyere cheese
- 1 cup watercress leaves
- Heat panini press while assembling panini.
- Mix mayonnaise, thyme and lemon peel in small bowl until well blended.
- Spread each slice of bread with mayonnaise mixture.
- Divide peaches, prosciutto, sopressata, cheese and watercress evenly among 4
of the bread slices.
- Top each with second slice of bread.
- Place 2 sandwiches at a time on panini press and close.
- Cook for 2 to 4 minutes
or until bread is golden brown with grill marks and cheese is melted.
- Serve warm.
Yield: 4 servings | Prep Time: 15 min | Cook Time: 5 min
per serving Calories: 592 Fat: 36 g Carbohydrates: 45 g Cholesterol: 62 mg
Sodium: 1317 mg Fiber: 4 g Protein: 22 g
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):