Prosciutto Panini with Wisconsin
Mozzarella and White Bean Purée
- 2 cups white beans that have been cooked very soft, plus 1 to 2 tablespoons cooking liquid
- 1 tablespoon roasted garlic puree
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 loaf French bread, split
- 8 ounces Crave Brothers fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 10 slices shaved prosciutto
- 3 small red bell peppers, roasted and peeled, quartered
- 2 Roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 10 large basil leaves
- Puree the beans and liquid, garlic, salt, and pepper in a food processor until
- Microwave or heat on the stove until hot to the touch.
- Liberally spread the puree on one cut side of the bread.
- Top with the remaining ingredients, sprinkling the tomato layer with salt and
- Slice and serve.
Yield: 6 servings
By Chef Seth Bixby Daugherty
Recipe and photo credit: Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.