Baked Reuben Braid
If you love a Reuben you will love this impressive concoction. It has all of
the flavor braided into a great looking table trophy.
- 1 Loaf Rhodes™ Bread Dough, or 12 Rhodes™ Dinner Rolls, thawed to room temperature
- 1/3 cup light Italian cheese salad dressing
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced turkey pastrami
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- 2 cups sauerkraut, drained
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 2 tablespoons caraway seeds
- Spray counter lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- Roll loaf or combined dinner rolls into a 12 x 16-inch rectangle.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rest for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove wrap from dough and pour dressing lengthwise in a 4-inch strip down
center of dough.
- Top with pastrami, Swiss cheese and sauerkraut.
- Make cuts 1 1/2-inches apart on long sides of dough to within 1/2-inch of
- Begin braid by folding top and bottom strips toward filling.
- Then braid strips left over right, right over left.
- Finish by pulling last strip over and tucking under braid.
- Lift braid with both hands and place on a large sprayed baking sheet.
- Brush with egg white and sprinkle with caraway seeds.
- Bake at 350 degrees F 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool slightly and slice to serve.
Prep: 20 min | Bake: 30-35 min | Servings: 8
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.