Baked Reuben Braid
If you love a Reuben you will love this impressive concoction. It has all of
the flavor braided into a great looking table trophy.
- 1 Loaf Rhodes™ Bread Dough, or 12 Rhodes™ Dinner Rolls,
thawed to room temperature
- 1/3 cup light Italian cheese salad dressing
pound thinly sliced turkey pastrami
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- 2 cups sauerkraut,
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 2 tablespoons caraway seeds
- Spray counter lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- Roll loaf or combined
dinner rolls into a 12x16-inch rectangle.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rest
- Remove wrap from dough and pour dressing lengthwise in a 4-inch strip down
center of dough.
- Top with pastrami, Swiss cheese and sauerkraut.
- Make cuts 1 1/2-inches apart on long sides of dough to within 1/2-inch of
- Begin braid by folding top and bottom strips toward filling.
- Then braid
strips left over right, right over left.
- Finish by pulling last strip over and
tucking under braid.
- Lift braid with both hands and place on a large sprayed baking sheet.
with egg white and sprinkle with caraway seeds.
- Bake at 350 degrees F 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool slightly and slice to serve.
Prep Time: 20 min (not including thaw time)
Bake Time: 30-35 min
Reprinted with permission from
Rhodes International - rhodesbread.com.