Baked Reuben Sandwich
Make these scrumptious Reuben sandwiches using Original Bisquick® mix. Enjoy
this baked dinner packed with corned beef and sauerkraut.
Deli-style mustard really makes this dish authentic, but yellow mustard or Dijon
are great substitutes.
Serve cold potato salad alongside this hot sandwich for a great picnic-style
- 2 cups Original Bisquick™ mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons caraway seed
- 1/2 pound sliced deli corned beef
- 1/4 cup deli-style mustard
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 (14 ounce) can sauerkraut, well drained
- 1/2 cup Thousand Island dressing
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray 8-inch square (2-quart) glass baking dish
with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, stir Bisquick mix, milk, egg and 1 teaspoon of the caraway
seed with fork until blended.
- Spread 1 cup batter in baking dish.
- Brush corned beef slices with mustard; layer on top of batter in baking
- Top evenly with cheese and sauerkraut.
- Carefully spread remaining batter over sauerkraut.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1 teaspoon caraway seed.
- Bake uncovered for 28 to 32 minutes or until light golden brown and center
- Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.
- Serve with Thousand Island dressing.
Prep Time 10 min | Total Time 50 min | Servings 6
Nutrition Information–Serving Size: 1 Serving Calories 450 Calories from
Fat 220 Total Fat 24g Saturated Fat 10g Trans Fat 2g Cholesterol 85mg Sodium 1780mg
Total Carbohydrate 35g Dietary Fiber 3g Sugars 5g Protein 22g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8% Vitamin C 8% Calcium 35% Iron 15%
Exchanges: 1 1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1
Other Carbohydrate: 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very
Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 2 1/2 High-Fat Meat; 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choice 2
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Betty Crocker
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.