BBQ Beef Biscuit Sliders
These flavorful little sandwiches will be a hit at your next game day get-together.
- 1 beef Tri-Tip Roast (1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 cup hickory-flavored barbecue sauce,
- 1 tablespoon chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, seeded
- 18 baked low-fat buttermilk biscuits (about 2 to 2 1/2-inch diameter),
- 3/4 cup crushed corn tortilla chips or homemade tortilla
- 1 1/2 cups coleslaw mix
- 1 red pepper, seeds and stem removed, cut into
- 1/2 cup green onions, cut in thin, 1-inch strips
- 1/3 cup coleslaw
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper
- Combine barbecue sauce and chipotle peppers; reserve 3/4 cup sauce mixture.
- Brush some of remaining sauce mixture onto all sides of roast.
- Place roast on grid over medium, ash-covered coals or over medium heat on
preheated gas grill.
- Grill, covered for 25 to 35 minutes for medium rare (135 degrees
F) to medium (150 degrees F) doneness, basting roast with remaining sauce while
grilling and turning occasionally.
- To prepare Slaw, combine coleslaw mix, bell pepper, green onions, dressing
and cilantro in medium bowl; toss to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Remove roast when instant-read thermometer registers 135 degrees F for medium
rare; 150 degrees F for medium.
- Transfer roast to carving board; tent loosely with aluminum foil.
- Let stand
for 20-25 minutes. (Temperature will continue to rise about 10 degrees F to reach
145 degrees F for medium rare; 160 degrees F for medium.)
- Carve roast across the grain into thin slices. Toss with reserved 3/4 cup
- Evenly divide beef slices, coleslaw and tortillas among biscuits.
Makes 18 sliders.
Nutrition information per serving (1/18 of recipe): 171 calories; 6 g fat
(1 g saturated fat; 2 g monounsaturated fat); 21 mg cholesterol; 507 mg sodium;
20 g carbohydrate; 1.2 g fiber; 10 g protein; 3.1 mg niacin; 0.2 mg vitamin B6;
0.4 mcg vitamin B12; 1.3 mg iron; 13.7 mcg selenium; 1.6 mg zinc
Reprinted with permission from
the Texas Beef Council.