Cheese Accordion Loaf
This is simply ingenious! Every other cut is filled with two cheeses, tomato,
onion and black olives to make a fun party loaf.
- 1 loaf uncut Italian bread
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 8 1-ounce
slices Wisconsin provolone cheese
- 8 1-ounce slices Wisconsin mozzarella cheese
- 8 thin slices tomato
- 8 thin onion
- Sliced black olives
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Make 15 cuts in the bread, not going all the way through to bottom crust
and yielding 16 slices, equal in width.
- Brush melted butter on all cut bread surfaces.
- In first cut, place 1 slice each of provolone, mozzarella, tomato, onion
and a sprinkling of black olive slices.
- Leave second cut empty and repeat until
every other cut is filled.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until bread
is hot and cheese is melted.
- To serve, cut through bottom crust at unfilled cuts.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe and photo credit: Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin