Ham and Cheese Bread
Susan from Ohio is the inventor of this clever jelly-roll style baked sandwich recipe. Served warm from the oven, it's a pretty way to enjoy a classic, hot Ham-N-Cheese!
- 1 Loaf Rhodes™ Bread Dough or 12 Rhodes™ Dinner Rolls, thawed to room temperature
- 1 pound thick sliced deli ham, chopped
- 2 cups grated Cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 egg, beaten
- Sesame seeds
- Spray counter lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
- Roll loaf or combined rolls into a 10 x 14-inch rectangle.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rest for about 10 minutes.
- Remove wrap and spread dough with mustard.
- Sprinkle with ham and cheese.
- Roll up jelly roll style starting with a long side.
- Place, seam side down, on a sprayed baking pan.
- Using a sharp, serrated knife cut some vents in the top.
- Brush with egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 to 35 minutes.
Prep Time: 15 min | Bake: 30 to 35 min | Servings: 8
Recipe and photo used with permission from: