Ham and Cheese Bread
Susan from Ohio is the inventor of this clever jelly-roll style baked sandwich
recipe. Served warm from the oven, it's a pretty way to enjoy a classic, hot Ham-N-Cheese!
- 1 Loaf Rhodes™ Bread Dough or 12 Rhodes™ Dinner Rolls,
thawed to room temperature
- 1 pound thick sliced deli ham, chopped
- 2 cups grated
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 egg, beaten
- sesame seeds
- Spray counter lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- Roll loaf or combined
rolls into a 10x14-inch rectangle.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rest for
about 10 minutes.
- Remove wrap and spread dough with mustard.
- Sprinkle with ham and cheese.
- Roll up jelly roll style starting with a long side.
- Place, seam side down,
on a sprayed baking pan.
- Using a sharp, serrated knife cut some vents in the
- Brush with egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 30-35 minutes.
Prep Time: 15 min (not including thaw time)
Bake Time: 30-35 min
Recipe and photo credit:
Rhodes International - rhodesbread.com.