Ham and Swiss and Broccoli Braid
A sandwich cooked in an impressive braided bread has got to be good!
- 1 Loaf Rhodes™ Bread Dough or 12 Rhodes™ Dinner Rolls,
thawed to room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups cooked cubed ham
- 1 cup fresh broccoli
- 1 1/2 cups grated Swiss cheese
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 2 tablespoons bread crumbs
- Spray counter lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- Roll loaf or combined
dinner rolls into a 12 x 16-inch rectangle.
- Cover with sprayed plastic wrap
and let rest for 10-15 minutes.
- In a large bowl combine ham, broccoli, cheese, mushrooms, mayonnaise, mustard,
pepper and basil and mix well.
- Remove wrap from dough.
- Spoon mixture lengthwise
in a 4-inch wide strip down center of dough.
- Make cuts 1 1/2-inches apart on long sides of dough to within 1/2-inch of
- Begin braid by folding top & bottom strips toward filling.
- Then braid
strips left over right, right over left twisting each strip once.
- Finish by
pulling last strip over and tucking under braid.
- Lift braid with both hands and place on large sprayed baking sheet.
with egg white and sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool slightly and slice to serve.
Prep Time: 15 min (not including thaw time)
Bake Time: 30-35 min
Recipe and photo credit:
Rhodes International - rhodesbread.com.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.