Inch by Inch Hero Sandwich
A French bread loaf is layered with fresh veggies and chicken and turkey, topped
with Thousand Island dressing.
- 1 loaf French Bread
- lettuce leaves
- sliced tomatoes
- sliced red onion
- sliced cucumbers
- prepared coleslaw
- rolled, sliced cooked chicken
- Thousand Island dressing
- Cut loaf of French bread in half lengthwise.
- Spread both sides with softened
butter or margarine.
- Arrange lettuce leaves on bottom half; then top with layers of sliced tomatoes,
sliced red onion rings, sliced cucumbers, prepared coleslaw and rolled sliced
cooked chicken or turkey
- Ladle prepared thousand island dressing over all.
- For serving, top with remaining bread and cut into desired length.
Recipe and photo credit: Association for Dressings & Sauces.