Inch by Inch Hero Sandwich
A French bread loaf is layered with fresh veggies and chicken and turkey, topped with Thousand Island dressing.
- 1 loaf French bread
- Lettuce leaves
- Sliced tomatoes
- Sliced red onion rings
- Sliced cucumbers
- Prepared coleslaw
- Rolled, sliced cooked chicken or turkey
- Thousand Island dressing
- Cut loaf of French bread in half lengthwise.
- Spread both sides with softened butter or margarine.
- Arrange lettuce leaves on bottom half; then top with layers of sliced tomatoes,
sliced red onion rings, sliced cucumbers, prepared coleslaw and rolled sliced cooked chicken or turkey.
- Ladle prepared thousand island dressing over all.
- For serving, top with remaining bread and cut into desired length.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Association for Dressings & Sauces