Italian Country Sandwich
Bring a touch of Italy to the dinner table with these peasant-style rustic bread
sandwiches filled with cheese, salami, sliced prosciutto and red onions – ready
in just 10 minutes!
- 1 uncut loaf (1 pound) Italian peasant-style rustic bread or ciabatta bread
- 1/3 cup rosemary-flavored or plain olive oil
- 1/4 pound hard salami, thinly sliced
- 1/4 pound sliced provolone cheese
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced prosciutto
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- Cut bread loaf horizontally in half.
- Drizzle oil over cut sides of bread.
- Layer salami, cheese, prosciutto and onion on bottom of bread; add top of bread.
- Cut loaf into 4 pieces.
- If rosemary olive oil is not available, you can make your own.
- In a small saucepan, warm 1 cup olive oil with 1 or 2 sprigs of washed and dried fresh rosemary for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cool; discard rosemary.
- Pour oil into a jar with a tight-fitting lid.
- Store in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Prep Time 10 min | Servings 4
Nutrition Information–Serving Size: 1 Serving Calories 740 Calories from
Fat 380 Total Fat 42g Saturated Fat 13g Trans Fat 1g Cholesterol 60mg Sodium 1860mg
Total Carbohydrate 60g Dietary Fiber 3g Sugars 3g Protein 30g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 30% Iron 25%
Exchanges:4 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0
Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very
Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 2 1/2 High-Fat Meat; 4 Fat
Carbohydrate Choice 4
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Betty Crocker
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.