Monumental Muenster Melt
This is a fabulous melt sandwich with chicken, cheeses, apricot preserves, almonds, a wonderful melty Brie and raspberry vinaigrette salad dressing.
- 1 (1 1/2 pound) loaf round sourdough bread
- 1/2 cup raspberry vinaigrette salad dressing
- 12 ounces pre-cooked chicken slices
- 4 ounces brick cheese, sliced
- 4 ounces Muenster cheese, sliced
- 6 ounces apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup almonds, sliced and toasted*
- 8 ounces Brie, sliced
* To toast almonds, place almonds on baking sheet in preheated 350 degrees F oven and bake until lightly toasted, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- With a serrated knife, slice horizontally through top of bread.
- Pull out soft center from bottom portion of loaf, making a bread bowl.
- Drizzle bottom and top halves of loaf with salad dressing.
- Fill bread bowl with chicken, brick and Muenster cheese slices.
- Spread preserves over cheese and sprinkle with almonds.
- Top with Brie slices. Place bread top over filled bowl.
- Wrap with foil and bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Slice into 6 wedges and serve.
Provided by Mary Pat Cox, Scottsdale, AZ.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: American Dairy Association