Party-Size Sausage Calzone
If you have big appetites to satisfy, Party-Size Sausage Calzone is the recipe to try!
- 1 (19 ounce) package JOHNSONVILLE® Italian Hot Sausage Links
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (1 pound) loaf frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 (15 ounce) jar pizza sauce
- Pan-fry or broil sausage according to package directions. Cut into 1/4 inch slices.
- In a large bowl, combine the mozzarella cheese, ricotta, egg, parsley and seasonings.
- On a lightly floured surface, divide dough in half.
- Roll each piece into a 12 inch circle.
- Carefully place one circle on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Spoon 1/2 cup sauce, half the cheese mixture and half the sausage onto half of the circle being careful not to spread ingredients all the way to the edge.
- Brush edges of dough with water; fold dough over filling and pinch edges to seal. Repeat with remaining dough and filling.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with extra pizza sauce.
Yield: 4 servings | Bake: 30 min
Recipe and photo used with permission from: