Pepperoni and Sausage Stromboli
There is a hearty meal inside this bread casing that every one at your table
- 1 Loaf Rhodes™ Frozen Bread Dough, thawed to room temperature
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 ounces sliced pepperoni
- 1 pound sausage, cooked & drained
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Sesame seeds, if desired
- Spray counter or board with non-stick cooking spray.
- Roll dough into a 12 x 15-inch rectangle.
- Spread dough with pizza sauce to within 1-inch of edges.
- Sprinkle sauce with oregano and basil.
- Layer middle
third of dough, vertically, with pepperoni, sausage, onion and mozzarella cheese.
- Fold 1/3 of dough over fillings.
- Repeat with remaining side.
- Tuck ends under and vent top with a sharp knife.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and sesame seeds, if desired.
- Place on large sprayed baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30-35 minutes.
Prep Time: 15 min | Bake Time: 30-35 min | Servings: 6
Recipe and photo credit: Rhodes International - rhodesbread.com