Sausage Stromboli is a delicious stuffed sandwich to feed the entire family.
- 1 Loaf Rhodes Bread Dough or 12 Rhodes Yeast Dinner Rolls, thawed to room temperature
- 1 pound ground Italian Sausage
- 1 1/2 cups grated Cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Parmesan cheese, to sprinkle on top
- Marinara sauce for dipping
- Brown sausage and drain.
- Stir in cheese, one of the eggs, beaten, and Italian seasoning. Set aside while preparing dough.
- On a counter sprayed with nonstick cooking spray roll loaf or combined rolls into an 18 x 16 inch rectangle.
- Spoon sausage mixture onto dough and spread evenly to within 1/2 inch of edge. Roll dough up starting on a long side. Pinch to seal seam. Place, seam side down, on sprayed baking sheet to form a circle. Pinch ends together.
Make cuts with scissors all the way around the outside of the ring. The cuts should be about 1 inch apart and two thirds of the way into the ring (place an oven safe bowl in the center of the ring to help retain the circle in the middle).
- Whisk the remaining egg and brush it over the ring. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and cover with sprayed plastic wrap. Let rise until double in size.
- Remove wrap and bake at 350 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with marinara sauce for dipping.
Prep: 20 min | Bake: 30 min | Servings: 8 to 10
Recipe and photo used with permission from: