A familiar recipe baked inside a loaf of good wholesome bread.
- 12 Rhodes™ Dinner Rolls, thawed to room temperature
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine rolls and roll into a 10 x 18-inch rectangle.
- Cover with sprayed plastic wrap and let rest.
- Brown hamburger and drain well.
- Add onion and garlic to hamburger and cook until onions are clear.
- Melt butter in a small pan.
- Add mushrooms and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add mushrooms, cream cheese and basil to hamburger mixture.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove wrap and spread mixture evenly over middle third of dough going lengthwise.
- Fold 18-inch sides over meat mixture.
- Tuck ends under.
- Place on a large sprayed baking sheet.
- Cover again with sprayed plastic wrap and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Make 1/4-inch deep diagonal slits, about every 1 1/2 inches, with a sharp
serrated knife, if desired.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25-30 minutes.
Prep: 20 min | Bake: 25-30 min | Servings: 6
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.