Stuffed Sourdough Sandwich
This Hot Stuffed Sourdough Sandwich is an attractive and delicious option for
lunch or dinner, and makes a great snack for watching the game! Thin strips of roasted
red bell peppers and pesto sauce give this sandwich a tasty Italian flair.
- 1 pound round bread loaf
- 1 (7 ounce) container BUITONI Refrigerated All Natural Pesto with Basil, divided
- 8 ounces thinly sliced smoked turkey
- 1 roasted red bell pepper, peeled, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- 12 (12 ounces total) slices provolone cheese
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut off top third of bread; set aside. Remove inside of bread, leaving a 3/4-inch wall.
- Spread half of pesto on inside of loaf; top with half the turkey, pepper, tomato and cheese.
- Repeat layering, spreading remaining pesto on top of first layer of cheese.
- Replace top of bread; wrap bread in foil.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until heated through.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting into wedges.
20 min prep | 6 servings
Nutrition Information - Servings Per Recipe: 6 - Amount Per Serving Calories:
609 Calories from Fat: 277 Total Fat: 30.8g (47% of DV) Saturated Fat: 14.1g (70%
of DV) Cholesterol: 65mg (22% of DV) Sodium: 1695mg (68% of DV) Carbohydrates: 50.4g
(16% of DV) Dietary Fiber: 4.2g (17% of DV) Sugars: 3.6g Protein: 31.5g
Vitamin A: 12% of DV Vitamin C: 24% of DV Calcium: 61% of DV Iron: 27% of
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Nestlé and meals.com
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.