Make an instant sub shop in your kitchen. Everyone can pile on just the sandwich
goods they want!
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
ounces Swiss cheese, sliced
- 1/2 pound salami, sliced
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound
fully cooked ham, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup creamy Italian dressing
- 6 long wooden picks or small skewers
- Cut bread horizontally in half.
- Spread butter over bottom half.
- Layer cheese, salami, lettuce, tomatoes, onion, ham and bell pepper on bread.
- Drizzle with dressing.
- Top with remaining bread half.
- Secure loaf with picks.
- Cut into 6 serving pieces.
Prep Time 15 min
Total Time 15 min
Create a submarine sandwich to your taste by using your favorite cheeses, meats
and vegetables. Try flavored cream cheese or mayonnaise instead of butter.
Make quick work of slicing bread by using an electric knife.
Nutrition Information–Serving Size: 1 Serving Calories 555 Calories from
Fat 280 Total Fat 31 g Saturated Fat 1 g Cholesterol 90 mg Sodium 1610 mg Total
Carbohydrate 4 g Dietary Fiber3 g Protein 27 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 14% Vitamin C 46% Calcium 26% Iron 20%
Exchanges:3 Starch; 3 High-Fat Meat
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit: