Taco Filled Braid
Your favorite taco ingredients all wrapped up in delicious roll dough and then baked to perfection.
- 12 Rhodes™ Dinner Rolls or 1 Loaf Rhodes™ Bread Dough, thawed to room temperature
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 medium size onion, chopped
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 2 medium size tomatoes, diced
- 1 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup olives, sliced
- Sour cream and salsa, if desired
- Spray counter lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
- Roll combined rolls or loaf into a 12 x 16-inch rectangle.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rest.
- Brown ground beef, onion and taco seasoning together and drain.
- Set aside to cool slightly.
- Stir tomatoes, cheese and olives into the meat mixture.
- Remove wrap from dough.
- Spoon mixture lengthwise in a 4 inch strip down center of dough.
- Make cuts 1 1/2 inches apart on long sides of dough to within 1/2 inch of filling.
- Begin braid by folding top and bottom strips toward filling.
- Then braid strips left over right, right over left.
- Finish by pulling last strip over and tucking under braid.
- Lift braid with both hands and place on a large sprayed baking sheet.
- Cover with sprayed plastic wrap and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Remove wrap and bake at 350 degrees F for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Serve warm with sour cream and salsa, if desired.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: