Zesty Southwest Sliders
If you thought “sliders” were only for late-night feasting, think again. These zesty sliders will perk up any party.
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Mexican Seasoning Blend
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 pound ground beef, 10% fat
- 4 large pepper-jack cheese slices
- 8 whole wheat slider buns
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 8 slices
- 1 medium avocado, sliced
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- To make the chipotle mayonnaise, stir together 1 teaspoon Southwest Chipotle Seasoning, mayonnaise and lime juice.
- In a medium bowl, gently mix together ground beef and 2 teaspoons Chipotle Seasoning with a fork, without compressing the meat. Form beef mixture into eight 2-ounce rounded patties.
- Heat a non-stick skillet to medium-high heat. Place patties in pan, top with red onion and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Flip patties onion side down, and top with cheese. Cover skillet and cook for 3 to 5 more minutes.
- Place patties onion-side down on bottom bun. Top cheese side of patty with avocado and tomato. Spread chipotle mayo on the underside of the top bun and place on top of the burger. Hold sliders together with a wooden pick and serve.
Yield: 8 servings
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.