1952 City School Ranger Cookies
These are also known as "Flying Saucers."
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups cornflakes
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Cream butter with granulated sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, 1 at a time.
- Sift flour with baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- Stir into butter mixture.
- Add vanilla extract, oats, cornflakes, coconut,
chocolate chips and nuts and stir until blended.
- Drop by tablespoons onto ungreased baking sheet. Flatten to
4-inch diameter. (Use square of wax paper to keep dough from
sticking to fingers or whatever you're using to flatten
dough.) For small cookies, drop by rounded teaspoon. Do not flatten.
- Bake larger cookies at 350 degrees F for 10 to 12
should be slightly soft when removed from oven. Bake smaller
cookies at 375 degrees F for 8 to 10 minutes.
Yield: 22 large cookies or 6 dozen small cookies
Each small cookie: 77 calories; 56 mg sodium; 13 mg cholesterol;
4 grams fat; 11 grams carbohydrates; 1 gram protein
Source: Los Angeles Times - recipe provided by Los Angeles Unified
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.