1959 City School Sour Cream Coffee Cake
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2cups cake flour
- 1/2cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- All ingredients should be at room temperature.
- Topping: Mix together flour, sugar, salt and nuts. Add butter in small pieces.
Rub in by hand until mixture is crumbly. Be careful not to over-mi. Set aside.
- Cake: In bowl mix together flours, baking soda and baking powder.
- In another bowl cream together butter with sugar until fluffy and light. Add
egg and vanilla extract and mix well. Add half of dry ingredients, mixing just until
flour is blended. Blend in sour cream, then remaining dry ingredients.
- Spread half of batter lightly into a 10-inch tube pan. Sprinkle with half of
Topping and spread with remaining batter. Sprinkle with remaining Topping.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 to 45 minutes.
Makes 8 servings
Each serving contains about: 580 calories; 331 mg sodium; 85 mg cholesterol;
34 grams fat; 66 grams carbohydrates; 7 grams protein; .77 gram fiber
Source: Los Angeles Unified School District
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> School Cafeteria Recipes