Apple Valley Schools' Wacky
Cake or 3-Hole Cake
This is the recipe that is served at the Apple Valley School District.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 10 1/2 pounds all-purpose flour
- 4 cups cocoa
- 10 1/2 pounds granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- 1/2 cup salt
- 1 1/2 cups vinegar
- 1 quart plus 3 cups oil
- 1/4 cup vanilla extract
- 1 gallon plus 1 quart water
- Mix all dry ingredients together. Make three holes in dry ingredients. Pour
vinegar into one hole, oil into second hole and pour water and vanilla extract
into third hole.
- Mix on #1 speed until well blended, about 3 minutes. When blended, increase
speed to #2 for 2 minutes. Measure approximately 12 pounds per pan.
- Bake at 325 to 350 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes.
Posted by Gayle at Recipe Goldmine 11/18/2001 9:26 pm.
Source: highdesert.com - from Cheryl Robillard, food service manager at Mojave
Mesa Elementary School
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> School Cafeteria Recipes