Apple Valley Schools' Wacky
Cake or 3-Hole Cake
This is the recipe that is served at the Apple Valley School District.
- 10 1/2 pounds all-purpose flour
- 4 cups cocoa
- 10 1/2 pounds granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- 1/2 cup salt
- 1 1/2 cups vinegar
- 1 quart plus 3 cups oil
- 1/4 cup vanilla extract
- 1 gallon plus 1 quart water
- Mix all dry ingredients together. Make three holes in dry ingredients. Pour
vinegar into one hole, oil into second hole and pour water and vanilla extract
into third hole.
- Mix on #1 speed until well blended, about 3 minutes. When blended, increase
speed to #2 for 2 minutes. Measure approximately 12 pounds per pan.
- Bake at 325 to 350 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes.
Posted by Gayle at Recipe Goldmine 11/18/2001 9:26 pm.
Source: highdesert.com - from Cheryl Robillard, food service manager at Mojave
Mesa Elementary School
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.