Brown Bean Chowder
- 1 pound pinto beans
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 pound coarsely ground beef
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 2/3 cups tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Bread crumbs
- Cook beans in 3 quarts water (or more depending on dryness of bean).
When beans are nearly done, add 2 tablespoons chili powder and 1 1/2
- While beans are cooking, combine beef, onion and garlic and brown in
skillet, stirring frequently.
- Add tomato puree, 1 tablespoon chili powder, 1 tablespoon salt and bread
- Combine beef mixture and beans.
- May add more water for thickness desired or chili powder to season as
Yield: 12 servings
Source: Tulsa Public Schools, Tulsa, Oklahoma
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.