Brown Bean Chowder
- 1 pound pinto beans
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 pound coarsely ground beef
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 2/3 cups tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Bread crumbs
- Cook beans in 3 quarts water (or more depending on dryness of bean).
When beans are nearly done, add 2 tablespoons chili powder and 1 1/2
- While beans are cooking, combine beef, onion and garlic and brown in
skillet, stirring frequently.
- Add tomato puree, 1 tablespoon chili powder, 1 tablespoon salt and bread
- Combine beef mixture and beans.
- May add more water for thickness desired or chili powder to season as
Yield: 12 servings
Source: Tulsa Public Schools, Tulsa, Oklahoma
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.