Cafeteria Apple Crisp
- 4 pounds apples, pared and sliced
- 1 pound brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 pound brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter
- Filling: Place apples in a greased 12
x 20 x 2-inch baking pan.
- Blend sugar and cinnamon.
- Mix in lemon juice and water.
- Pour over apples and topping.
- Topping: Combine oats with remaining ingredients and mix until crumbly.
- Cover fruit with topping.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 25 minutes, until apples are tender.