Cafeteria Lady Rolls
Eating Cafeteria Lady Rolls is just like stepping back into the school cafeteria.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons yeast
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup melted shortening (may use butter)
- 1 3/4 cups warm milk
- Add yeast to warm milk and let sit 1 minute.
- Stir and add melted shortening.
- Have dry ingredients ready and add to milk. Slowly
mix on medium speed until the dough no longer sticks to the side of the bowl.
- Place dough in a well-greased bowl and let
rise until doubled in bulk.
- Stir down and form into rolls (note that dough is sticky) and
let them rise again.
- Bake at 425 degrees F until brown, and brush with butter while hot.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.