Cafeteria Lady Rolls
Eating Cafeteria Lady Rolls is just like stepping back into the school cafeteria.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons yeast
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup melted shortening (may use butter)
- 1 3/4 cups warm milk
- Add yeast to warm milk and let sit 1 minute.
- Stir and add melted shortening.
- Have dry ingredients ready and add to milk. Slowly mix on medium speed until the dough no longer sticks to the side of the bowl.
- Place dough in a well-greased bowl and let rise until doubled in bulk.
- Stir down and form into rolls (note that dough is sticky) and let them rise again.
- Bake at 425 degrees F until brown, and brush with butter while hot.