This is a wonderful recipe! It is very easy and makes an especially creamy pudding.
- 1 quart milk
- 1/3 cup tapioca
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat milk until scalding. Stir in tapioca gradually. Cook mixture over boiling
water or direct low heat 6 to 8 minutes, until tapioca is done.
- Beat egg yolks until pale in color. Beat with 1/4 cup sugar and salt. Stir into
tapioca. Cook and stir until mixture thickens slightly.
- Stir in vanilla extract. Cool slightly.
- Beat egg whites and remaining 1/4 cup sugar until stiff. Fold into hot pudding.
- Cool thoroughly, covered with wax paper.
- To serve, spoon into dessert or parfait dishes. Garnish with whipped cream and
maraschino cherry, if desired.
Yield: 12 (1/2 cup) servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> School Cafeteria Recipes