Chicago Public School Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 1/4 pounda (5 sticks) butter, softened
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 3/4 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1 pound peanut butter
- 3 eggs
- 5 1/2cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl of an electric mixer, beat butter until light
and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add both sugars and mix until no granules remain, about 5 minutes.
- Add peanut butter and mix until combined.
- Add eggs; continue to beat on high speed for 1 minute.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- Slowly add flour mixture to butter mixture; stir until well-blended.
- Drop dough by heaping tablespoonsful onto greased baking sheets.
Flatten dough with palm of hand to form 3-inch circles that
are 1/4 inch thick.
- Bake cookies for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned on
Yield: 9 dozen cookies
Nutrition facts per cookie: 105 calories, 7 g fat, 3 g saturated
fat, 17 mg cholesterol, 10 g carbohydrates, 2
g protein, 25 mg sodium, 0 g fiber
Posted by GayleL at Recipe Goldmine 10:15:17pm 2/24/03.
Source: c4.zedo.com - Geraldine Faucher, Chicago, Illinois
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.