Glazed Peanut Butter Bars
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter, peanut butter, sugars
- Beat in eggs and vanilla extract.
- Combine flour, oats, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl.
- Gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Spread into prepared pan and bake for 18
to 22 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chips and peanut butter.
- Pour over warm bars and spread evenly.
- Cool completely on a wire rack before cutting.
Yield: 4 dozen