Old School Cafeteria Cherry Delight
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cup cherries, drained (save juice)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Mix flour, salt and sugar.
- Cut in butter.
- Reserving 1/3 of mixture; spread remainder in 8-inch square pan.
- Place cherries over crumbs; sprinkle reserved crumbs over cherries.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes.
- Serve with hot cherry sauce.
- Thicken juice with 1/4 cup sugar and cornstarch, cooking until clear.
Cafeteria cooks stretched sauce by adding other fruit juices.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.