Old School Cafeteria Cherry Delight
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cup cherries, drained (save juice)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Mix flour, salt and sugar.
- Cut in butter.
- Reserving 1/3 of mixture; spread remainder in 8-inch square pan.
- Place cherries over crumbs; sprinkle reserved crumbs over cherries.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes.
- Serve with hot cherry sauce.
- Thicken juice with 1/4 cup sugar and cornstarch, cooking until clear.
Cafeteria cooks stretched sauce by adding other fruit juices.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Other Dessert Recipes