Peanut Butter Fingers
- 1 1/2 sticks butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 heaping cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- Crust: Mix butter, sugars, egg, peanut butter, baking soda, salt and
- Add flour and oats and mix well.
- Spread on large greased cookie sheet (or use a half sheet cake pan, like
they use in the schools).
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whip 2/3 cup peanut butter.
- When crust is done baking, spread whipped peanut butter over crust.
- Ice bars with Chocolate Frosting.
- Chocolate Frosting: Mix butter and cocoa in a saucepan. Add brown sugar and evaporated
milk. Cook two minutes, stirring constantly.
- Cool frosting and pour over two pounds of powdered sugar. Beat
well, until smooth and silky. Thin if necessary.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.