Peanut Butter Fingers
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 1/2 sticks butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 heaping cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- Crust: Mix butter, sugars, egg, peanut butter, baking soda, salt and
- Add flour and oats and mix well.
- Spread on large greased cookie sheet (or use a half sheet cake pan, like
they use in the schools).
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whip 2/3 cup peanut butter.
- When crust is done baking, spread whipped peanut butter over crust.
- Ice bars with Chocolate Frosting.
- Chocolate Frosting: Mix butter and cocoa in a saucepan. Add brown sugar and evaporated
milk. Cook two minutes, stirring constantly.
- Cool frosting and pour over two pounds of powdered sugar. Beat
well, until smooth and silky. Thin if necessary.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> School Cafeteria Recipes