School Lunch Rolls
This recipe came from the files of a retired cafeteria manager
from Pascagoula, Mississippi.
- 2 1/2 pounds plain flour
- 1/2 cup dry milk
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons salt
- 1/4 cup instant yeast
- 3/4 cup melted, cooled butter or shortening (room temperature)
- 3 cups lukewarm water
- Sift together all of the dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Add yeast, lukewarm water and cooled melted butter. Beat 15 minutes (important).
- Roll out to 1/2- to 3/4-inch thick. Cut out rolls with cutter.
Place on greased pans. Let rise again.
- Bake at 350 degrees F until done.
- Butter tops.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> School Cafeteria Recipes