School Lunch Rolls 2
- 1 1/2 ounces yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 2 1/4 cups hot water
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 4 ounces shortening, melted
- 2 1/4 pounds all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 cup dry milk
- 2 eggs
- Sprinkle yeast in warm water; soak until soft and bubbly, about
5 minutes; set aside.
- Place hot water and sugar in mixer bowl; mix on low speed. Add
shortening; mix on low speed.
- Mix together 1/3 of flour with salt and dried milk; add to water
mixture, mixing on low speed.
- Add eggs and yeast mixture; continue
adding dry ingredients until all are used. The amount of flour
may vary. Dough should cling to mixer and pull from sides of bowl.
- Remove dough to slightly greased pan, cover and let stand
- Punch down and form into rolls. Place on well greased pan; brush
with melted shortening or butter.
- Bake in preheated 400 degree F oven for 20 minutes.
Yield: 36 rolls
Shared by Lisa Trudeau with recipegoldmine.com