School Lunch Rolls 2
- 1 1/2 ounces yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 2 1/4 cups hot water
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 4 ounces shortening, melted
- 2 1/4 pounds all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 cup dry milk
- 2 eggs
- Sprinkle yeast in warm water; soak until soft and bubbly, about
5 minutes; set aside.
- Place hot water and sugar in mixer bowl; mix on low speed. Add
shortening; mix on low speed.
- Mix together 1/3 of flour with salt and dried milk; add to water
mixture, mixing on low speed.
- Add eggs and yeast mixture; continue
adding dry ingredients until all are used. The amount of flour
may vary. Dough should cling to mixer and pull from sides of bowl.
- Remove dough to slightly greased pan, cover and let stand
- Punch down and form into rolls. Place on well greased pan; brush
with melted shortening or butter.
- Bake in preheated 400 degrees F oven for 20 minutes.
Yield: 36 rolls
Shared by Lisa Trudeau with recipegoldmine.com
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.